Dear New Hyde Park residents,
Please rest assured that the New Hyde Park Volunteer Fire Department is working diligently to provide efficient service and prompt medical care, as always, during this crisis.
Listed below are a few suggestions:
1. Call for an ambulance only when it is necessary.
2. When you call for any fire or medical emergency, please be prepared to answer all of the questions that the dispatcher asks (fever, cough, chills, sick family members). This is necessary to provide the most appropriate and efficient care.
3. Be aware that currently, there are extended wait times at most area hospitals and that arriving by ambulance will not decrease your wait time.
4. The responding EMTs or firefighters will enter your home using protective gear and ask a number of questions to determine the best course of action based on your needs.
5. If it is determined that you require transport to the hospital, you will be transported to the nearest hospital that can accommodate your needs.
Please check back often for updated information.
Phone Numbers for Emergency and Information:
Fire or Medical Emergencies: 516-742-3300 or 911
Nassau Corona Virus Hotline: 888-364-3065